BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Relentless Agency is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead and support consulting projects for small to medium clients focused on custom web application software development solutions, emphasizing WordPress, CS-Cart, and Drupal platforms, including mobile apps development and SEO services focused on equipment and venue rental businesses.
Relentless is an innovation-driven professional services company specializing in custom software development, infrastructure, and process automation tools for the rental industry nationwide. We strive to empower and inspire technology startups, corporations, and small businesses to accelerate their software development projects by providing cost-effective offshore/onshore development teams. Relentless offers an excellent working environment, highly skilled teams, high sales commissions, and industry-leading bonuses for high performers.
This is a full-time, quasi-remote position. Candidates must be US citizens located within the United States, California, and able to work standard Pacific Time hours, Monday-Friday, preferably from 8:00 am to 4 pm. We expect to have in-person meetings with the person filling the position from time to time, so it’s better if the candidate is located in the southern California region, with ability to commute to northern San Diego county.
Business Development Manager for Sales Operations Support:
- Transfer over existing clients and generate new leads, identify and develops new sales channels; support efforts for new client development for Relentless, including assistance with proposals and presentations as necessary
- Develop strategic insights, including metrics to guide sales goals, revenue estimates, and strategic market positioning Execute market research and analysis on competitors
- Manage and maintain sales tools and pipelines
- Develop, manage, and implement standardized policies and procedures for business development and sales operations, including processes for quality controlling accuracy in data and reporting for the following:
- Sales Funnel development and tracking
- Project completion and resources used for finance and accounting
- Project kick-off and close-out operations
- Client satisfaction surveys and interviews to improve long-term client retention and create expanded and repeat business opportunities
- Oversee the maintenance of the win/loss database of consulting opportunities to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for improvement
- Strategically and operationally manage the accuracy of US Client Pipeline Reports by seeking input from team members to support:
- The pipeline is accurately recorded, projects properly scoped & budgeted in resource management software
- The team resources are being correctly assigned to upcoming projects in coordination with the Head of US Consulting and projects in the pipeline are being accurately forecasted in the coming months.
- Support team activities on project resourcing and staffing to ensure effective delivery of pipeline
Business Development, Proposal Development & Management:
- Manage efficient proposal development for the US team, serving as point person to take the lead as appropriate and providing a proposal QC role on projects being scoped by others, ensuring consistent proposal quality and branding. Manage and update proposal collateral, including but not limited to:
- Maintain and edit standard proposal templates
- Maintain and update qualifications, including write-ups of new or recently completed projects and change orders
- Establish traditional processes and procedures to ensure “evergreen” proposals and qualifications
- Support project managers in client-facing and business development activities
- Diagnose problems that prospective clients may have and offer potential solutions
- Assist Relentless team members in scoping and providing clarity on client project requests, which may be ambiguous
Collaborate with team members in scoping and writing proposals for clients and responding to client requests on Change Orders
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Understand client needs and objectives to tailor client engagement and support.
- Attend industry events and conferences to present and network
Write technical scopes of work clearly and communicate with Project Managers
- Support relationship building by interacting with key clients or client organizations via phone, email, and in-person to understand client needs, plans and identify the next steps
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other team members to write or ghostwrite blog posts, op-eds, white papers, or other thought leadership
Client Project execution:
Assist Relentless Agency consulting team and Project Managers in executing client projects with a primary focus on projects with substantial public or market-facing components.
Help the team with general operational tasks and internal projects for organizational improvement as needed.
- Self-manage time and workload and communicate regularly with Project Managers and other team members to manage expectations about timing and quality of work.
- Ensure timely delivery of project deliverables and communicate issues as they arise
- Prioritize between multiple competing internal and external demands to ensure successful delivery across a portfolio of projects
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, software engineering, or relevant area
- 5+ years of B2B experience in business development, strategic marketing, account management, sales, or consulting in the software development industry
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the web application or mobile sector
- Polished public speaking and presenting skills
- Polished and professional customer service and sales skills
- Able to manage and coordinate offshore teams with multiple tasks and projects to a high standard while meeting short deadlines
- Ability to quickly and appropriately prioritize conflicting demands and change orders
- High service and customer experience orientation
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, creative, and results-oriented
- Able to develop, articulate, and sell a solution for a client’s project
- Expert in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodology (preferably Scrum framework)
- Concrete Technologies: IDE, Code revision control – git, Issue tracking – Jira/Redmine,
- Documentation – Confluence
- Familiar with CD/CI technologies (DevOps Engineering)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a remote team environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently when required
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve
- Professional standards for discretion, confidentiality, and personal accountability
- Signing bonus
- High Commissions – Annual Bonus
- Almost fully remote.
- Almost all customers are remote, and most meetings are over Zoom.